Increase the reach of your campaigns with Amazon DSP and DataChannel
Table of Contents
- Why advertise using Amazon DSP
- Optimizing campaign performance with Amazon DSP data using DataChannel
- Advantages of using DataChannel
- Get Started Today
Introduction to Amazon Ads DSP
E-commerce today holds the power to reach the right customers at the right time and is also expected to reach a market share of US$ 60 billion by 2027. One of the largest B2C players in India, Amazon already holds more than 30% of the country’s total e-commerce market share. What makes it even more lucrative is the fact that third-party sellers account for about 58% of total sales.
The marketplace has made a name for itself as one of the top options among sellers for advertising goods and brands due to its tremendous growth potential. Amazon offers its own advertising platform, called “Amazon Ads“, which enables sellers to promote their goods and boost visibility, sales, and ROI. The platform also gives advertisers the freedom to advertise their goods through a variety of channels, including sponsored product ads, product displays, Amazon Demand-Side Platform (DSP), and video & audio ads.
In this blog, we will discuss in detail Amazon DSP as it has emerged as the company’s most widely used ad product and offers a bundle of benefits.
In simple terms, it is a software that allows advertisers to buy ads in an automated manner on Amazon and other affiliated platforms. Amazon DSP makes use of programmatic advertisements which can be used to serve ad impressions to both existing and new customers at the right time and with reduced ad expenses. In real-time auctions, the advertisers use a bidding strategy to compete for these advertisements. Understanding the dynamics behind different real-time auctions becomes crucial when multiple advertisers are competing for the same impression and if an advertiser wants to optimize the amount spent per impression.
Why advertise using Amazon DSP?
The bundle of benefits that come with using Amazon DSP are:
- Link-out Campaigns: Even if the advertiser chooses not to sell their goods on Amazon, Amazon DSP can be used to direct customers to their brand’s website using “Link-out” campaigns. These campaigns are especially used to promote goods in a category that Amazon does not support or services that Amazon does not offer.
- Advanced Ads Solutions: The tool can be used by advertisers to obtain first-party information on customer shopping behavior and campaign effectiveness. It also offers in-depth reporting analysis that includes crucial metrics like units sold, add-to-cart rates, and the sum of total purchases made by the customers..
- Cross-device shopping: With the help of Amazon DSP, advertisers can also create cross-device campaigns that target specific customer segments with relevant and customized ads both on and off of Amazon.
- Campaign Optimization: There are two ways to go about it using “Automatic & Manual” optimization techniques. In the automatic one, every impression is evaluated against a campaign’s objective using an optimization engine, and the campaign budget is updated as necessary. With the manual approach, advertisers can set their own campaign performance caps by manually modifying the frequency of their commercials, target markets, bids, and campaign budgets.
- Predictive Models: How Amazon ranks advertisements and places bids for impressions depends on the bid strategy used by advertisers. The entire process of selecting the ideal bid strategy can be automated with the help of the sophisticated machine-learning algorithms used by Amazon DSP. Ultimately these algorithms help in predicting the likelihood that impressions will result in a conversion event and the accomplishment of the targeted campaign goals.
Optimizing Campaign performance with Amazon DSP data using DataChannel
Our Amazon DSP integration enables you to move your Amazon DSP data into a data warehouse of your choice. You can also gather automated in-depth reports on multiple ad products such as sponsored products, sponsored displays, and sponsored brands along with conversion tracking measures such as Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN). With DataChannel you can configure data pipelines and easily gather reports related to:
Our advanced ETL tool helps advertisers analyze the effectiveness of advertisement campaigns or even specific advertisement types, such as video, image, display, and third-party ads. How much amount should be spent while bidding for auctions can also be determined using these reports and the ad & bidding expenses can further be adjusted accordingly.
“With DataChannel’s Amazon DSP integration, you can quickly determine which consumer demographics you suit the most, the operating system and browser versions that the target market uses, the types of creative that resonate with them, and, lastly, the products that they most like.”
Advantages of using DataChannel
- 100+ Data Sources. DataChannel’s ever-expanding list of supported data sources includes all popular advertising, marketing, CRM, financial, and eCommerce platforms and apps along with support for ad-hoc files, google sheets, cloud storages, relational databases, and ingestion of real-time data using webhooks. If we do not have the integration you need, reach out to our team and we will build it for you for free.
- Powerful scheduling and orchestration features with granular control over scheduling down to the exact minute.
- Granular control over what data to move. Unlike most tools which are highly opinionated and dictate what data they would move, we allow you the ability to choose down to field level what data you need. If you need to add another dimension or metric down the line, our easy to use UI lets you do that in a single click without any breaking changes to your downstream process.
- Extensive Logging, fault tolerance and automated recovery allows for dependable and reliable pipelines. If we are unable to recover, the extensive notifications will alert you via slack, app and email for taking appropriate action.
- Built to scale at an affordable cost. Our best in class platform is built with all ETL best practices built to handle billions of rows of data and will scale with your business when you need them to, while allowing you to only pay for what you use today.
- Get started in minutes. Get started in minutes with our self-serve UI or with the help of our on-boarding experts who can guide you through the process.
- Managed Data Warehouse. While cloud data warehouses offer immense flexibility and opportunity, managing them can be a hassle without the right team and resources. If you do not want the trouble of managing them in-house, use our managed warehouse offering and get started today. Whenever you feel you are ready to do it in-house, simply configure your own warehouse and direct pipelines to it.
- Activate your data with Reverse ETL. Be future-ready and don’t let your data sit idle in the data warehouse or stay limited to your BI dashboards. The unidimensional approach toward data management is now undergoing a paradigm change. Instead, use DataChannel’s reverse ETL offering to send data to the tools your business teams use every day. Set up alerts & notifications on top of your data warehouse and sync customer data across all platforms converting your data warehouse into a powerful CDP (Customer Data Platform). You can even preview the data without ever leaving the platform.
Get Started Today
Confused still? Need more clarity on how to start leveraging Amazon DSP data? Contact us here today and get started on our 14-day free trial ASAP!