Running Targeted Ad-Campaigns on TikTok? Here’s What You Need to Know
In this blog, we will discuss how a user can sync Audience Segments data from your data warehouse to TikTok Ads and run Targeted Ad-Campaigns on TikTok using Reverse ETL.
Introduction to TikTok Ads
With more than 1 billion monthly active users worldwide and an estimated $4.6 billion in revenue, Tiktok has become the most popular short-form video platform today. With a mission to ‘inspire creativity and bring joy’, the app has successfully carved out a niche among its users, especially GenZ. With such fascinating stats, TikTok automatically becomes the best choice for advertisers too. As per reports, TikTok ads will generate $11.64 billion in revenue by the end of 2022. Contrary to general perception, TikTok users actually like ads shown on the platform and they generally have positive reviews regarding the ads such as, ‘fun & engaging’ and ‘trendsetting.’ Furthermore, the platform also supports different ad formats for the advertisers to choose from, as per their target audience and requirements.
Types of TikTok ads-
In TikTok, advertisers have a variety of ad options to choose from, and each one has its own advantages. The different options are:
- In-feed ads: These ads are probably the most liked ones. The user's "for you" area offers in-feed advertisements that autoplay and let users like, comment, and share content.
- Top-view ads: Users can interact with these Top-view ads just like they can with in-feed ads as they are displayed at the top of the user’s feed.
- Brand takeover ads: The takeover ads, which can take the shape of a video or an image, are only displayed to the user once, and on full-screen.
- Branded hashtag challenge: Tiktok features user-generated content in branded hashtag challenge at 3 different locations. The challenge's own landing page comes last, followed by in-featured banners on the discover page, and in the user’s in-feed.
- Branded effects: The advertisers can apply branded effects on their own or in conjunction with the hashtag challenge. A variety of filters, stickers, and other effects are included.
Run targeted ad campaigns using TikTok Ads Audience with DataChannel:
Our latest integration with TikTok enables you to customize the audience data (based on demographics, interests, level of engagement, buying behavior, etc) using a built-in segment builder, and run targeted ad campaigns to generate more leads and increase sales. Now, move your data easily from a data warehouse of your choice directly to TikTok Ads audiences. You can activate your data and use it to start identifying & customizing audience data and personalizing your marketing campaigns within hours. Elevate cross-functional synergies by syncing your custom audience data with sales, CRM, marketing, and product teams.
With tools such as DataChannel maximize your ROI, run targeted ad campaigns on TikTok and increase brand loyalty, customer satisfaction, and revenue, by requesting and retrieving audience data from any data warehouse of your choice.
How would you benefit from syncing data to Tiktok?
- Reach Your Audiences: Create segments within your audiences based on demographics, region, and level of engagement, etc. Simply choose the data model, apply the appropriate filters, and save your own segment query. With the audience segmentation in place reengage your audiences, pull in new customers with targeted ads, and personalize your brand’s messaging within Tiktok.
- Personalized campaigning: Leverage the idea of “personalization” by sending the right ads to the right people. Leverage high-quality enriched customer data from your data warehouse with advanced transformations and increase your ROI from marketing spends.
- No CDP needed: Now use your data warehouse as a CDP and keep your audiences across advertising and marketing automation platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Ads, Pinterest, etc in sync at all times.
- Stay on top of your performance: With DataChannel, you can leverage real-time alerts to business apps (like Slack) of your choice to take immediate action on predetermined data changes. This helps you to actually move beyond dashboards, helping you to operationalize your data.
To find more information, kindly visit our tech documentation here.
Advantages of using DataChannel
- Activate your data with Reverse ETL. Be future-ready and don’t let your data sit idle in the data warehouse or stay limited to your BI dashboards. The unidimensional approach toward data management is now undergoing a paradigm change. Instead, use DataChannel’s reverse ETL offering to send data to the tools your business teams use every day. Set up alerts & notifications on top of your data warehouse and sync customer data across all platforms converting your data warehouse into a powerful CDP (Customer Data Platform). You can even preview the data without ever leaving the platform.
- Managed Data Warehouse. While cloud data warehouses offer immense flexibility and opportunity, managing them can be a hassle without the right team and resources. If you do not want the trouble of managing them in-house, use our managed warehouse offering and get started today. Whenever you feel you are ready to do it in-house, simply configure your own warehouse and direct pipelines to it.
- 100+ pre-built integrations DataChannel’s ever-expanding list of supported integrations includes all popular advertising, marketing, CRM, financial, and eCommerce platforms and apps along with support for ad-hoc files, google sheets, cloud storages, relational databases, and ingestion of real-time data using webhooks. If we do not have the integration you need, reach out to our team and we will build it for you for free.
- Powerful scheduling and orchestration features with granular control over scheduling down to the exact minute.
- Granular control over what data to move. Unlike most tools which are highly opinionated and dictate what data they would move, we allow you the ability to choose down to field level what data you need. If you need to add another dimension or metric down the line, our easy to use UI lets you do that in a single click without any breaking changes to your downstream process.
- Extensive Logging, fault tolerance and automated recovery allows for dependable and reliable pipelines. If we are unable to recover, the extensive notifications will alert you via slack, app and email for taking appropriate action.
- Built to scale at an affordable cost. Our best in class platform is built with all ETL best practices built to handle billions of rows of data and will scale with your business when you need them to, while allowing you to only pay for what you use today.
- Get started in minutes. Get started in minutes with our self-serve UI or with the help of our on-boarding experts who can guide you through the process.
Get Started Today
Want to run a targeted campaign on TikTok? Click on the button below and try it out today!