Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, Arts or Communication
It will involve understanding the details of and around the product and articulate them in clear, concise and illustrated manner. This role requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail. You must be able to distill complex information into clear, concise text.
- Collaborate with developers, designers, product managers, marketers, subject matter experts and other influencers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation and work closely with technology and business team to make products easier to use. This involves Feature Guides, FAQs, On-boarding Guides, Help Documentation, Troubleshooting Guides, Training Manuals, Release Notes, and other documentation.
- Design infographics, develop feature walk-through videos and other engaging content to impart product knowledge to various stakeholders.
- Audit and update the content regularly to ensure relevance with incremental product feature releases, customer use cases, support issues, and other internal developments.
- Execute the Content Calendar by building and delivering on the roadmap set by the management.
- Work closely with the creative teams to represent the content in the most suitable visual format.
- Suggest ways to further improve the quality of the documentation.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical content writing for SaaS products.
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
- Demonstrable active presence in online communities such as blogs, discussion forums, LinkedIn articles, Tweets, Quora answers
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable to users in the form of text, images, videos, info graphics
- Ability to identify issues, challenges, and gaps associated with the content
- Ability to understand briefs and translate briefs into high-quality product collateral
- Passion for technology, communication and strong understanding of the industry and organization’s mission
- Basic understanding of web technologies and programming languages to publish viral tech blogs
- Excellent command over written and verbal communication
- Adept at Multitasking, creative thinking and working independently.
Core Competencies Required
- Planning & Execution
- Continual Learning