Google Ad Manager 360 & DataChannel for better Ad Inventory Management and Analytics
Discover Google Ad Manager 360
Google Ad Manager 360 (GAM 360) stands as a cutting-edge ad management platform tailored for both publishers and advertisers. This advanced platform excels in programmatic ad serving, efficient inventory management, precise audience segmentation, and robust targeting capabilities. Seamlessly integrated with Google Ad Exchange (AdX), it elevates ad revenue through real-time first-price auctions. GAM 360 simplifies ad publishing, delivers automated ad placement, offers unified reporting, and boasts powerful tools for maintaining ad quality and trafficking.
Google Ad Manager vs Google Ad Manager 360
Google Ad Manager 360 leverages the capabilities of DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) and DoubleClick Ad Exchange (AdX) to provide services that cater to both the buy-side and sell-side. Serving as the premium ad delivery platform, it caters to large and established enterprises. Here are some key distinctions:
- Ad Impression Threshold: For Google Ad Manager, publishers may have to get up to 90 million monthly impressions, depending on the demographic. With GAM 360, the requirement for impressions depends on the negotiated price, average ad impressions, etc.
- Feature Accessibility: While the standard GAM platform offers features like line item management, cloud-based historical data storage, custom reporting, and API access, GAM 360 goes a step further by providing customizable features and direct support from Google.
- Ad Formats: GAM provides responsive ads, video ads, and native ads. GAM 360 provides all of these, plus video and rich media ad formats.
Features of Google Ad Manager 360
- Open Bidding: Ad Manager 360 allows you to participate in open bidding, which enables you to share your ad inventory with third-party demand side partners in real-time with server-to-server bidding.
- Advanced Reporting: GAM 360 provides improved reporting capabilities, including interactive charts and graphs, that enable publishers to visualize their ad performance data more effectively. With Ad Manager 360, you can integrate Data Studio, you can create detailed reports using predefined templates dashboards, and export large reports in a variety of formats, including Excel and CSV.
- Audience Segmentation: Ad Manager 360 offers sophisticated first-party audience segmentation in which users can add additional pixels and tags to their websites/ apps, and also get to target specific audience segments with relevant ads based on how they interact with their websites, improving engagement and click-through rates.
- Advanced Video Advertising Solutions: GAM 360 provides advanced video advertising solutions & features such as page/ad loads, impression counting, and tracking. Depending on the type of Ad Manager 360 Account– Basic/ Advanced), you can access various solutions, for example, Video ad rules, Dynamic ad insertion, partner management, and cross-sell with YouTube.
- Support for Special Ad Units: It offers support for special ad units which you get to mark certain ad units as special (strategic or special) that you want ad traffickers to either target specifically or not at all. Such ad units are marked with (*) in the Ad Manager 360.
ETL Google Ad Manager 360 data to a data warehouse
Integrating Google Ad Manager 360 data into a data warehouse through ELT (Extract, Load, Transform) tools offers several advantages for businesses and advertisers:
- Data Centralization: Modern marketers have access to vast amounts of marketing data, including platforms like Google DV360 and Google Ad Manager 360, along with Instagram, Facebook, and Google Analytics. The result is often fragmented data, posing challenges in budget tracking, campaign monitoring, and reporting. ELT tools like DataChannel excel in consolidating data from multiple sources, including Ad Manager 360, into a single repository, providing a centralized and comprehensive view of advertising performance.
- Ad Attribution: Google Ad Manager (GAM) offers precise ad tracking capabilities, enabling the assessment of impressions and clicks across various ad formats. DataChannel complements GAM by automating data extraction and transfer to a chosen data warehouse. With scheduled report runs, marketers can efficiently analyze ad performance metrics, including demographics, unique reach, and frequency for various advertisers. This integration streamlines reporting processes and empowers data-driven website optimization efforts, ultimately enhancing revenue and ROI through tailored content.
- Streamlined Integration: Ad Manager 360 streamlines digital advertising workflows by integrating with Google and its ecosystem. With DataChannel you can aim for centralized integration with Google Ads, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console connecting paid media data with first-party audience insights, offering a comprehensive view of the customer journey.
- Audience Segmentation: Google Ad Manager's audience segments enrich ad targeting by analyzing user behavior, demographics, and search terms to create customized segments. By integrating Business Intelligence (BI) tools with DataChannel, business users can build automated dashboards featuring refined audience segments and visualize campaign performance across audience demographics without the need for manual data updates.
Your Ultimate Source for Ad Measurement
Integrating Google Ad Manager data into a data warehouse via DataChannel empowers businesses to leverage their advertising data effectively. DataChannel serves as your single source for ad measurement, enabling data-driven decision-making and the optimization of advertising strategies, ultimately leading to improved ROI. Explore the potential of Google Ad Manager 360 and DataChannel to transform your ad inventory management and analytics capabilities today.