Active Campaign & DataChannel for Better CRM & Email Automation
When it was launched in 2003, ActiveCampaign focused on providing small businesses with a strong & adaptable solution for their marketing, sales, and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) requirements. Currently, ActiveCampaign serves around 150,000 organizations across more than 170 countries and provides a variety of solutions for businesses of all sizes.
It assists sales and marketing representatives in automating and customizing the customer experience because it would be just impractical to manually personalize each new client's experience. ActiveCampaign is a cloud-native application that redefines customer intelligence, automates triggers & processes, and combines human as well as machine work to improve individual customer experiences and make decisions that will lead to greater growth and profitability.
Key Features of Active Campaign
Email marketing features: ActiveCampaign offers its users in-built features to build different types of campaigns, users can choose any of the campaigns that deem fit to their requirements:
- Standard campaigns- also referred to as “Broadcast Email,” and best fit for sending out newsletters at a fix or scheduled date.
- Automated campaigns- these campaign types can be leveraged when going for drip campaigns (establishing email contact with customers throughout their journey from first touch to the last touch)
- Date-based campaigns- sends emails on specific dates or occasions or scheduling a mail before or after the set date (reminding users about their trial expiration 5 or 7 days before the D-Day)
- Autoresponder campaigns- sending out automated responses to new users or subscribers
- Split testing- testing different versions of an email by sending it across different segments of the same list (A/B Testing)
- RSS triggered- these campaigns allow users to get regular updates around content published online such as blog posts or news stories
Customer Relationship Management (CRM): You can manage your customer relationships and interactions more efficiently with ActiveCampaign. Their user interface makes it simple & intuitive to save, arrange, and manage all of your customer and prospect information (including contact info, customer communication history, order history, etc) in one place.
Sales Management: You can follow and manage your sales deals from beginning to end using ActiveCampaign's easy sales management. Sales reps can manage their conversions and deals within a single platform, ActiveCampaign’s deal tracking functionality furthermore lets them keep track of all the crucial information related to deals.
Customer segmentation: Like any other email marketing platform, ActiveCampaign allows users to segment their customers and prospects based on specific criteria, such as demographics, behavior, or purchase history. This makes it easier for businesses to create targeted campaigns and communicate with their customers in a more personalized way.
Why leverage Active Campaign and DataChannel together?
Leveraging ActiveCampaign and DataChannel together can indeed provide a comprehensive understanding of all your marketing efforts, including email marketing, paid ads, and more. Here's how it can be beneficial:
- Data Integration and Centralization: ActiveCampaign is a powerful marketing automation platform that handles email marketing and CRM. ELT tools like DataChannel can help integrate data from various sources, such as your paid advertising platforms (Google Ads, Facebook Ads), website analytics (Google Analytics) with your Active Campaign audience data (gathered via email subscription forms). By centralizing all this data into a single data warehouse, you can have an aggregated view of your marketing efforts (both paid & organic: how one affects the other,) and use this data to create refined email marketing & customized ad campaigns.
- Customer Segmentation & Personalization: Let’s consider a scenario, for a publication agency selling digital content (magazines, novels, etc) via their website and Amazon, getting unified data from both these sources along with their search ads data across multiple customer touchpoints without any data silos becomes crucial. A case where the agency doesn’t get rid of the inherent data silos can (or would) lead to repetition of the same customers across multiple source systems leading to a restricted marketing approach. Now, this can be prevented when you have your data stored into a data warehouse as you’ll be able to go for better audience segmentation (using attribution modeling). For example, the no. of ads it took for the customer to actually click on them followed by the no. of customized emails that followed before the customer actually made the purchase.
- Optimization and A/B Testing: With better segmentation and personalization, you can run more informed A/B tests. For instance, you can test how different subject lines impact both EDM’s (Electronic Direct Media) open rates and click-through rates (when giving discounted or sponsored deals via different emails) helping you optimize your messaging strategies.
- Automation and Workflows: Combining ActiveCampaign's automation capabilities with insights from ELT tools can lead to more advanced automation workflows. For example, the image below represents an automated email workflow for carts abandoned by customers. Once a product has been added to the cart you can set up a workflow on ActiveCampaign to start sending reminder emails (after waiting for 1 day), and if the customer interacts with the email campaign, you can further trigger a personalized retargeting ad on a social media platforms as well.
- Long-term Strategy Planning: Historical data from various sources can help you identify YoY & seasonal trends and patterns over time. This information is crucial when it comes to planning long-term strategy , marketing budget and resource distribution across different channels.
Think ELT, Think DataChannel
Elevate your data game with Think ELT by DataChannel. Seamlessly merge marketing and technology through this innovative solution, streamlining Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) processes. Integrate ActiveCampaign with DataChannel to break free from data silos, gain a detailed view of your marketing efforts, and make data-driven decisions addressing the entire customer journey.
Accelerate data-driven decision-making and enhance customer experiences. Our robust technology ensures secure and efficient data warehousing and activation. Now, you can say goodbye to data bottlenecks and hello to actionable insights.
Start your journey of effortless data integration with DataChannel, today.