Harness The Power of Pinterest Ads with DataChannel
Pinterest is one of the most popular social media platforms where e-commerce companies sell today. For them, it is a visual search engine that allows people worldwide to save and organize ideas for their future purchases. This makes it a prime target for businesses looking to reach consumers who are in the early stages of the purchasing journey.
“Studies have shown that 445 million people use Pinterest each month, and are more likely to make a purchase compared to users on other social media platforms.”
Overall, Pinterest's visual and discovery-based nature, combined with its high engagement and shopping features, make it a popular choice for e-commerce businesses looking to reach and influence potential customers.
In this blog, we talk about how Pinterest Ads work and how you could best leverage Pinterest audience data to target, re-engage and streamline advertising within the platform.
Introduction to Pinterest Ads
Pinterest offers a variety of paid advertising options for businesses to promote their content and reach a wider audience. Ads on Pinterest can drive website traffic, product sales, and brand awareness. Let’s understand how Pinterest audiences work now.
Pinterest Ads Audiences is a targeting feature within the platform that allows advertisers to reach specific segments of audiences they would like to target. Advertisers can target users based on a variety of factors including interests, keywords, location, and device type. By targeting the right audience, e-commerce companies can increase the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and reach users who are more likely to engage with their products and content.
Various e-commerce companies today benefit from using Pinterest ads because of:
- High Intent Users: Pinterest has a large user base that is actively seeking out products and ideas, making it an ideal platform for e-commerce advertising.
- Visual Discovery: Pinterest is a visual discovery platform that allows users to explore and save ideas, making it a great place to showcase products and drive sales.
- Demographic: Pinterest has a highly engaged and affluent user base, which can be beneficial for e-commerce companies targeting a particular demographic.
- Targeting Options: Pinterest offers advanced targeting options such as interest, keyword, location, and device type, which allows e-commerce companies to reach the right audience for their products.
- Mobile Optimized: A large portion of Pinterest's user base accesses the platform on mobile devices, making it an effective platform for mobile-optimized advertising.
- Shopping Features: Pinterest has a number of shopping-specific features, such as Shop the Look and Collection Ads, which can help e-commerce companies drive sales and engagement.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to other social media platforms, advertising on Pinterest can be more cost-effective for e-commerce companies, especially for those with a limited budget.
Types of Pinterest Ads
The main types of ad formats on Pinterest are:
- Promoted Pins: A standard image or video ad that appears in a user's feed, search results, and related boards.
- Shop the Look: An interactive ad format that allows users to click on individual items within an image and purchase them directly from the advertiser's website.
- Video Ads: A video ad that appears in a user's feed, search results, and related boards.
- Story Pins: A full-screen, multimedia format that allows advertisers to share their products, how-to's, and more with users.
- Story Ads: A full-screen video ad that appears in a user's story feed and is designed to engage users with a brand.
- Collection Ads: An ad format that showcases a grid of products in a user's search results and related boards.
- Interest Targeting: An ad targeting option that allows advertisers to reach users based on their interests, as expressed by their saved Pins and boards.
- Keyword Targeting: An ad targeting option that allows advertisers to reach users based on specific keywords they have searched for on Pinterest.
Ad targeting options include interests, keywords, location, and device type. Advertisers can set a budget and bid for ad placement.
Types of Actions Within Pinterest Ads Audiences
Pinterest ads audiences allow you to take the following actions:
- List audiences: Get list of audiences for the ad account.
- Create audiences: Create an audience you can use in targeting for specific ad groups.
- Get audiences: Get a specific audience given the audience ID.
- Update audiences: Update (edit or remove) an existing targeting audience.
For more info, you can look up Pinterest’s documentation here.
Activate Data into Pinterest Audiences with DataChannel
DataChannel can be used to perform a reverse ETL process to transfer audience data into your Pinterest Audiences. The data coming into your data warehouse can be transformed into a format that can be loaded into your Pinterest audiences platform after specific segmentation & analysis.
You can use a tool like DataChannel to activate data such as demographics, interests, and behaviors, into your Pinterest audiences – and target your customers in a more efficient manner. By operationalizing this audience data, you can gain a deeper understanding of how your customers behave, and improve your marketing strategies by tailoring your content and campaigns to their specific needs and preferences.
Here are some benefits of using DataChannel:
- Personalized campaigning: Leverage personalized campaigns like never before and send the right ads to the right people. Leverage high-quality enriched customer data from your data warehouse (with advanced transformations) and increase your leads from the same marketing budget.
- Replace your CDP: Now use your data warehouse as a CDP and keep your audience data activated across advertising and marketing automation platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Ads, Pinterest, etc in sync at all times. To check out more destinations, click here.
- Stay on top of your performance: With DataChannel, you can leverage real-time alerts to business apps (like Slack) and take immediate action, based on hard data. This helps you to actually move beyond dashboards, helping you to operationalize your data.
DataChannel – An integrated ETL & Reverse ETL solution
- 100+ Data Sources. DataChannel’s ever-expanding list of supported data sources includes all popular advertising, marketing, CRM, financial, and eCommerce platforms and apps along with support for ad-hoc files, google sheets, cloud storages, relational databases, and ingestion of real-time data using webhooks. If we do not have the integration you need, reach out to our team and we will build it for you for free.
- Powerful scheduling and orchestration features with granular control over scheduling down to the exact minute.
- Granular control over what data to move. Unlike most tools which are highly opinionated and dictate what data they would move, we allow you the ability to choose down to field level what data you need. If you need to add another dimension or metric down the line, our easy-to-use UI lets you do that in a single click without any breaking changes to your downstream process.
- Extensive Logging, fault tolerance, and automated recovery allow for dependable and reliable pipelines. If we are unable to recover, the extensive notifications will alert you via slack, app and email for taking appropriate action.
- Built to scale at an affordable cost. Our best-in-class platform is built with all ETL best practices built to handle billions of rows of data and will scale with your business when you need them to, while allowing you to only pay for what you use today.
- Get started in minutes. Get started in minutes with our self-serve UI or with the help of our on-boarding experts who can guide you through the process. We provide extensive documentation support and content to guide you all the way.
- Managed Data Warehouse. While cloud data warehouses offer immense flexibility and opportunity, managing them can be a hassle without the right team and resources. If you do not want the trouble of managing them in-house, use our managed warehouse offering and get started today. Whenever you feel you are ready to do it in-house, simply configure your own warehouse and direct pipelines to it.
- Activate your data with Reverse ETL. Be future-ready and don’t let your data sit idle in the data warehouse or stay limited to your BI dashboards. The unidimensional approach toward data management is now undergoing a paradigm change. Instead, use DataChannel’s reverse ETL offering to send data to the tools your business teams use every day. Set up alerts & notifications on top of your data warehouse and sync customer data across all platforms converting your data warehouse into a powerful CDP (Customer Data Platform). You can even preview the data without ever leaving the platform.
Get Started Today