"DataChannel makes ETL easy, effective & efficient."
How Jump450 used DataChannel to get real time visibility into campaign performance and significantly improve Client ROI.
"DataChannel has exponentially increased our ability to get real-time insights into our campaigns, allowing us to provide better ROI to our clients. Our clients are extremely satisfied with the transparent exposure to Campaign KPIs in one view. Our data team loves it because it frees them up to focus on strategy & key insights for our clients. With both Reverse ETL & conventional ETL in a single platform, manual data pulls and tedious data manipulation scripts are now history." – Tom Murray, Managing Director at Jump450
- Industry: Digital Marketing Agency
- Headquarters: New York, USA
- Website: http://jump450.com
- Key Data Sources Configured: Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Shopify, Salesforce, Twitter Ads, Pinterest Ads, Linkedin Ads, DV360, Appsflyer, Microsoft Advertising, Tiktok
- Data Warehouses: Amazon Redshift, Google Bigquery, MySQL
- Visualization tool: Tableau
- Reverse ETL Destinations: Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Amazon S3, Google Sheets, Slack
- Custom-built integrations: Pinterest Ads, Salesforce, AppsFlyer
4000+ Pipelines Configured
> 4 Billion Rows Moved Per Month
10,000+ Engineering Hours Saved Every Year
75% Time Saved in Client On-boarding
- Faster, data-driven reporting and smarter decision making with real-time data
- Less time maintaining APIs which was utilized by analytics, media and creative teams for innovation & client support
- Ability to set up centralized marketing data warehouses for their clients in hours and start near real-time reporting for them in days, with fully built customized visual dashboards
- Building better audience segments with custom audiences to run personalized, targeted campaigns.
Jump450 is a New York-based digital marketing agency that enables data-driven media buying, analytics and digital branding for businesses. Focussed on hyperscaling growth for their clients by marrying the art of storytelling with the science of digital media buying, to create highly effective advertising. They have a diverse set of clients, from startup unicorns to enterprise giants, operating across multiple locations worldwide. They utilize prodigious amounts of data related to paid, owned and earned media to create highly effective advertising.
Challenges – before partnering with DataChannel
Jump450 has been growing rapidly, which means one thing for sure: their BI and client reporting framework has multiple layers and applications, requiring channel-specific reporting. In addition, their clients didn’t have real-time access to campaign KPIs, to drive decision making for creative and media execution. Their previous platform Domo simply could not support data at such a large scale. It often stopped refreshing data on various marketing platforms as the data volume was huge. This resulted in Jump450 aggregating data manually with scripts. They were facing the classic data aggregation hurdles of data volume, data refresh frequency, and data control or granularity.
- Clients were demanding consistent, reliable, and quick data reporting to measure ROAS in real-time.
- The existing tool Domo was unable to scale up to frequent data refreshes, more granular data control, and ever increasing data volumes.
- The lack of real-time access to Campaign KPIs reduced the ability of Jump 450 to make timely campaign optimizations and course corrections.
- They faced major challenges around audience data refresh.
- High-cost ETL tool (Domo) with limited functionality.
How DataChannel deployed a robust & scalable solution for Jump 450
DataChannel quickly collated all marketing, attribution, and CRM platforms into a single repository on their Amazon Redshift Data warehouse. As Jump450 scaled, DataChannel helped them add Google Bigquery as well as MySQL data warehouses too for specific reporting needs. All this was achieved seamlessly without any tedious scripts & brittle pipeline maintenance. DataChannel has deployed 46 distinct data sources (having approximately 4.6k pipelines) with over 1.25 million runs, moving over 5 billion rows every month.
DataChannel also quickly deployed a number of custom integrations for Pinterest Ads, Salesforce & AppsFlyer for specific requirements of Jump450.
Apart from this, Jump450 has clients who have a mix of online and offline stores, and they wanted to track back offline sales to online campaign spends. DataChannel’s reverse ETL was deployed to provide solutions – such as using slack alerts to identify any anomalies like budget exhaustion, unusual drops in ad spends, naming taxonomy convention checks, etc. Reverse ETL was also used to activate data for audience selection & segmentation to run customized campaigns across multiple platforms.
Jump450 has been able to provide massive value to its clients with its extensive utilization of data-driven decision making. It has been able to massively reduce its cost of data aggregation and increase data visibility and control.
Complete list of data sources configured
Forward ETL integrations
- Amazon Ads
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Seller Central
- Apple Search Ads
- Facebook Ads Advanced
- Facebook Pages
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics4
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud Storage
- Google Drive
- Google sheets
- LinkedIn ads
Reverse ETL destinations
- Facebook Ads
- Google Sheets Export
- Amazon S3