Amazon Marketing Stream: Near real-time access to marketing data
Understanding long-term ecommerce trends is crucial for informed decision-making in response to customer preferences and buying patterns. Ecommerce marketers heavily rely on year-on-year and quarter-to-quarter trend analysis to secure their marketing strategies for the future. Surprisingly, even while focusing on long-term customer preferences, short-term insights can be equally significant. This is especially true for Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) businesses targeting Gen Z and millennials, who are influenced by rapidly changing social media trends and interests.
Many DTC brands use Amazon as their primary sales channel, and Amazon recognizes the importance of these short-term insights. That's why Amazon launched Amazon Marketing Stream in June 2022, a tool that provides hourly intraday insights. These real-time insights can be crucial during peak seasons like holidays, making or breaking the success of marketing campaigns.
Key Features of Amazon Marketing Stream
The main differentiator for Amazon Marketing Stream is that it provides you with near real-time metrics and campaign performance crucial for standing out of the crowd.
- Optimize Campaigns Effectively: Obtain performance metrics, summarized hourly, that provide intraday insights to help drive advanced campaign optimization.
- Quick Response: Access timely information such as budget consumption, which can help advanced API users write responsive applications to further campaign optimization.
- Improve operational efficiency: Push-based information delivered to you in near real time, eliminates the need to aggregate metrics over time to understand the changes between hourly performance.
- Campaign Management: Amazon Marketing Stream also enables easy campaign management as different parameters related to campaign performance segregated across target, ad groups, ads, etc. can be accessed using a single data set.
- Enhanced granularity: The reporting API summarizes traffic, conversion, and budget consumption data on an hourly basis, and when you subscribe to the Amazon Marketing Stream data set, this data is automatically streamed to your provided AWS account.
Leverage DataChannel to access Amazon Marketing Stream
You can leverage hourly marketing insights with DataChannel’s integration with Amazon Marketing Stream and access comprehensive data on Sponsored Product, Brand, and Display ads, along with valuable budget usage insights within minutes. Now, let's delve into the compelling use cases for each of the pipelines supported by DataChannel for Amazon Marketing Stream data sources.
Note: You can check out our extensive documentation on Amazon Marketing Stream, here
- Traffic Data: Through our integration, users can access vital traffic data for Amazon sponsored ads, including Products, Brands, and Display. Metrics such as KEYWORD_TARGETED, AD_PLACEMENT, COST (linked to placements or clicks), TARGETED_ASIN_PERFORMANCE, KEYWORD_MATCHING, and hourly timestamps are of high importance for sponsored ads. These metrics are crucial because any alterations can significantly impact advertising results. Advertisers and sellers with access to real-time insights can make informed decisions precisely when it's most critical. This data is particularly invaluable during peak sales periods and holidays, as changes in ad placement and keyword targeting can affect metrics like CPC, CTR, ACoS, potentially leading to exceeding budget limits.
- Conversion Data: This pipeline is designed to retrieve conversion data for Amazon Sponsored Ads. It encompasses metrics related to attributed conversions for 1, 7, 14, and 30 days. Through these attributed conversion metrics, advertisers can readily determine the average number of days it typically takes for customers to complete a purchase after encountering an advertised product. Furthermore, the attribution can be fine-tuned down to the SKU level. In addition to keyword matching, Amazon advertisers can also employ SKU matching to determine whether the clicked ad and the purchased product are the same. This helps in identifying which ad products and SKUs are performing better than others.
- Rich Media: Sponsored Brands ads are one of the few ad products offered in video formats. With the rich media pipeline, users can obtain comprehensive insights into these ads. These insights range from the number of customers who watched the entire video to first, second, and third quartile views, broken down by placement type, keywords used, and keyword matching. The rich media pipeline delivers thorough and detailed insights into rich media advertising in every aspect.
- Deduplication: When utilizing various ad products to engage customers at various touch points throughout the marketing funnel, creating customer profiles rooted in distinct interactions becomes an essential goal. The Amazon Marketing Stream offers an idempotency_id, which serves as a unique identifier to eliminate duplicate records. This idempotency_id is assigned to each customer who interacts with multiple ad formats, enabling the creation of customer journeys based on their unique and preferred touchpoints.
- Budget Usage: Imagine having access to instant updates on your campaign budgets, and furthermore, receiving real-time reports on the proportion of your campaign budget spent. Advertisers can receive updates on budget utilization based on the type of ad product, budget allocation, and performance. With this budget utilization data at your disposal, you can make predictions about key metrics like clicks, impressions, and RoAS. This empowers you to understand how these metrics impact your ad budget and identify the times of the day when your budget is underutilized or overused. This way, you can make timely and reliable adjustments to your campaign budget in real-time.
- Recommendations: Amazon Marketing Stream also provides recommendations to its community of advertisers and sellers, presenting chances to enhance their performance and reduce low-value marketing endeavors. These recommendations stem from well-performing and under-promoted ASINs, underperforming ad products, fresh advertising prospects tied to ASINs and sales events, and ad products with zero clicks or impressions. This data spans the last 14 days, allowing sellers and advertisers to proactively manage and uphold their budget and advertising initiatives.
- Beyond Manual Efforts: Amazon Marketing Stream provides diverse possibilities for advertisers and sellers. By utilizing DataChannel's integration with Amazon Marketing Stream, you can minimize manual tasks by scheduling your pipelines just once, ensuring that all your marketing stream data is seamlessly delivered to your data warehouse. While Amazon allows users to access marketing stream data via the Amazon Ads API, enabling real-time insights typically involves navigating through multiple steps on the Amazon Ads console. However, with DataChannel, you can effortlessly enable direct data retrieval for marketing campaigns without requiring nuanced technical expertise or following multiple complicated steps.
Amazon Marketing Stream for rapid Marketing Insights
Elevate your marketing strategy with Amazon Marketing Stream and DataChannel. Leverage hourly marketing data updates to and stay on top of your Amazon campaigns, optimize performance in real time, and gain a competitive edge. With this powerful combination, you can adapt to changing market trends and customer behaviors, and supercharge your marketing with timely insights.
Have any more questions about Amazon Marketing Stream, connect with us over a quick demo call, we’d be happy to answer all your queries.