Amazon SP Order API & DataChannel: Programmatically Access Order Data to Increase RoI
Amazon Selling Partner (SP) Order API
The Selling Partner API for Orders helps you programmatically retrieve order information. These APIs let you develop fast, flexible, custom applications in areas like order synchronization, order research, and demand-based decision support tools. Note: Amazon's Selling Partner API can be used for both Sellers & Vendors, and is designed to improve efficiency & boost growth.
Amazon (Selling Partner) SP Notification API
The Selling Partner API for Notifications enables Selling Partners to stay informed about business-relevant updates without the need for constant polling. This API allows you to set up a destination where you'll receive notifications, subscribe to specific types of notifications, manage your notification subscriptions, and more. Instead of continuously checking for information, your application can now receive real-time updates from Amazon whenever an event triggers a notification you've subscribed to.
For more information on Amazon Selling Partner Notification API, read our blog, Amazon SP Notification API X DataChannel
Why collect SP Order API data via DataChannel?
Note: You can access Amazon Selling Partner API Documentation here.
- Order Data on your tips: Granular order level data can be retrieved using ‘Order’ Pipeline, you can get your customer order data segmented across marketplaces, fulfillment channels, sales channels, order status, and payment method, within the selected time frame. Build a complete picture of your customer purchase orders, and support your customers better in terms of inventory, order & sales channel preferences.
- Scalability: ELT tools are often designed to handle large volumes of data. As an e-commerce business grows, our integration with the Selling Partner Order API enables our users to scale their data pipelines as well without any increase in manual effort.
- Less Data Hassles: DataChannel’s interface allows both tech & non-tech teams to very easily configure Amazon SP-API data pipelines and start moving data into any data warehouse of their choice. Not only this, we also take care of historical as well as incremental data loads, and refreshing access tokens for you so that you only focus on successful data movement & insights instead of wrangling your way out of data hassles.
- Get Holistic with your Orders: Information such as order status (Pending, Shipped, Ful/Unfulfillable or Delivered) are equally important for sellers and customers alike. Moreover, if the order is a replacement or an exchange order can help further cement a seller position in the customer's mind. Shorter shipping cycles are always preferred when it comes to online orders, and when sellers have data around order/ replacement status, it not only helps them to serve their customers better but also find, and eliminate items with higher replacement rate.
- Optimize shipment cycles: Our Amazon SP Order API integration helps you optimize your shipment cycles by monitoring your shipment service level (expedited, standard, etc), and other key demographic factors such as shipping address, city, and postal code. These factors can help you establish the turnaround time between order placed, and order delivered for different service levels, postal codes, to improve your overall shipping process, and order delivery.
- Multiple Fulfillment Networks: This integration works best for both sellers, and vendors as fulfillment channels be it Amazon (AFN) or Merchant (MFN) are both supported natively by the SP Order API. If you are a selling partner leveraging more than one fulfillment channel then this API could help you significantly in identifying areas of improvement, and building a complete picture out of your order & inventory fulfillment.
- Beyond Data Limit: Amazon SP Order API inherently supports and enables you to move data for two years or less, orders beyond the two year time frame will not show in the API response. Meaning it becomes increasingly difficult for sellers to gain and identify long-term trends when it comes to reporting order data. This kind of data becomes especially valuable when sellers or vendors have to leverage previous year data when preparing for Holiday Season sales events (in identifying best selling products or marketplaces generating higher revenue). A centralized source of truth would prove to be very important in such scenarios that will not only act as your safety net but will also prove to be a strategic asset in long-term revenue building.
- Payment Method: Identify which payment methods are mostly used by your customers when placing orders. That could also help you understand which payment methods have higher success rates, and you can customize your discount offers for your customers accordingly, like giving extra discounts on debit or credit cards when placing orders for returning customers.
- Manage Your Inventory better: DataChannel integrates with Amazon SP order API to track order timelines, from placement to earliest delivery, over a selected timeframe. This data is crucial for sellers with fixed-day delivery claims. It helps assess order delay margins and reasons, enabling sellers to optimize processes to ensure timely delivery, and even if a delivery goes beyond the earliest date, then a seller needs to build and optimize their SOPs in a way that they meet the latest delivery date.
- No. of items shipped: When planning for sales events, and engaging customers with sponsored display ads on your product detail pages. If a customer bundles multiple items in a single order after finally clicking on your ‘frequently bought together’ sponsored ad, then along with the ad data (Check out our Amazon Sponsored Ads Integration) you would also need the items that were bought together and had a higher success rate than others. This problem is also solved by Amazon SP Order API as it allows to track, and monitor the no. of items that were delivered within a single order across any marketplace.
Build Amazon SP Order API Pipelines At Scale
Start building your Amazon SP Order API Pipelines at scale with DataChannel. Leverage the full potential of your Amazon data within a few clicks, and monitor data movement in real-time with us.